Sparkling Plum and Thyme Cocktail
By Kirsten McKechnie
Enjoy this cocktail over Summer whilst plums are at their most delicious and juicy peak.
Ingredients: Makes four
One cup of water
One cup of sugar
10 sprigs of thyme
Juice from one lemon
Yellowglen Vintage Pinot Noir Chardonnay
1. Combine the water, sugar and thyme in a small pot. Place the pot on the stove over a low heat and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved .Remove from the stove and let the thyme infuse until the syrup has cooled.
2. While the syrup cools, roughly chop two of the plums and slice the remaining two.
3. Now we combine the chopped plums with 120mls of the syrup and the lemon juice, either in a cocktail shaker with some ice cubes to help rattle everything together or in a bowl with a muddler.
4. Strain the liquid into a small jug, discarding the pieces of plum and any icecubes.
5. Divide the mixture between four glasses, pile in some icecubes, fresh thyme and the sliced plum. Top up with Yellowglen Vintage Pinot Noir Chardonnay to taste.