1 sweet potato
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup flaked almonds
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 can chickpeas
For the salad dressing:
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp water
2 tsps dijon mustard
1/4 cup plain flavoured oil (canola or vegetable)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Plenty of black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a large baking tray with paper.
2. Peel and dice the sweet potato into 1.5cm cubes. Spread evenly over the tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper before roasting for approximately 35 minutes, turning the potato with a spatula at the halfway mark.
3. Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat until golden. Set aside to cool.
4. To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a glass jar and shake vigorously until emulsified.
5. Assemble the salad by tossing the sweet potato with the spinach and chickpeas. Heap into a takeaway box or some tupperware and drizzle over about 1/4 cup of the dressing (or to taste) and sprinkle the almonds over the top.