Chilli glazed BBQ prawns
12 Green Tiger prawns
3 Ruby red grapefruits
2 tbsp agave syrup
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 long green chilli
4 wooden skewers
Canola Spray Oil
2 cups of rocket
1. Soak the wooden skewers in water for one hour and then skewer the prawns, three to each stick.
2. Slice two of the grapefruits and zest and juice the third.
3. Finely chop the garlic and the green chilli.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the grapefruit juice with the agave, vinegar, oil and garlic.
5. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about ten minutes until it has thickened slightly. Set aside to cool and stir through the chilli and one teaspoon of zest.
6. Heat the BBQ and when prepared drizzle some canola or vegetable oil on to the hot plate. If using the grill, use some paper towel to quickly wipe some oil on.
7. Place the grapefruit slices down and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until nicely charred.
8. Meanwhile, cook the prawn skewers for about one and a half minutes on each side, basting with chilli glaze as you go. The prawns are done when they are just opaque in the centre and nicely charred and golden on the outside.
9. Serve prawns and grapefruit over rocket.