Baked Lemon Slice
For the base:
150g butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups flour
For the filling:
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 1/2 tbsp flour
3 tsps grated lemon zest
3/4 cup lemon juice
Icing sugar and berries to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20x 30cm tin with aluminum foil, making sure the foil comes all the way up the sides. Grease the foil with some spray oil or butter.
2. In a bowl, mix the butter with the sugar, vanilla, and salt and then stir in the flour until a dough forms.
3. Press the dough into the base of the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
4. Whilst the base cooks, mix the flour and sugar together before whisking in the eggs followed by the lemon zest and juice.
5. Turn the oven down to 150°C and pour the filling over the base. Cook for a further 25 minutes until the filling is set and doesn’t wobble in the middle when you tap the pan.
6. Let the slice cool completely in the pan before removing it, using the foil as handles. Slice into rectangles and serve with a dusting of icing sugar and fresh berries.