Honeyed fig Cocktail
This is a sweet and fruity cocktail that you can tailor to your own tastes. It’s quite rich and decadent but if you favour a more refreshing tipple it’s lovely cut with some icy cold mineral water or a splash more sparkling wine.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
1/4 cup of good quality honey
1/4 cup of water
300ml Yellowglen Pinot Noir Chardonnay
1/2 cup of apple juice
1. Quarter the figs and pop them into a saucepan with the honey and water.
2. Cook the figs over a medium heat, stirring frequently until the honey has dissolved and the figs are very soft (around five minutes.)
3. Blend the fig mixture in a blender or food processor until it becomes smooth. Then pour into a pitcher and chill.
4. Once the fig syrup has cooled, add the apple juice, Cointreau and sparkling wine then stir once or twice to combine.
5. Pour into four glasses and serve immediately.