DIY: How to Make Flower Crowns
Flower crowns seem to be the go to accessory these days. Whether it’s for a wedding, hens, an afternoon with your besties or music festivals … we all love a flower crown. I really wanted to create some gorgeous whimsical and girly flower crowns for the Yellowglen Mothers Day shoot, so I went into my local florist (Peony and Weasel) and asked them to kindly show me the steps. After a few minutes into making the crown with the ladies, I was hooked. There is something very relaxing about the process. The flowers I chose and colour palette worked in well with the table setting (I wanted the crowns to be a feature on the plates). You may also consider doing this activity with your guests at a party, it’s a lovely activity to do and above all, I really nice take home for your mum/daughter this Mother’s Day.
What You need:
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Greenery / flowers (real or faux)
1. Take a piece of floral wire and form it into a circular shape to your desired size.
2. Cut off some smaller pieces of the wire and begin wrapping your greenery and floras onto it using the tape.
3. Pick up your flower that is on the wire and wrap it around your floral crown.
4. Continue this step and layer as you go.
5. Once you are happy with the layers tape the circle together (we added some ribbon for a visual effect).