Cinnamon roasted carrots with crispy chickpeas and orange
A gorgeous salad for your Easter table. You might want to make extra chickpeas if you eat as many along the way as I tend to!
By Kirsten McKechnie
Two bunches of Dutch carrots in pretty colours, trimmed and scrubbed
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
400g mixed salad greens
Can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tbsps. olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 orange, carefully sliced into segments.
Juice from a lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2 In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of the olive oil with the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
3. Lay your carrots out on a large oven tray and drizzle over the cinnamon mixture.
4. Toss the chickpeas, another tablespoon of the olive oil, the cumin, and the salt in a bowl and then pop these onto a separate oven tray.
5. Place both trays into the oven for 40 minutes or until the chickpeas are a bit crispy and the carrots have roasted.
6. Toss the salad greens with lemon juice and the remaining olive oil.
7. On a plate, layer the salad greens with the chickpeas, carrots and orange segments.