DIY: VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT JAR
If you can’t think of what to buy your valentine, here is a make-it-yourself solution that will provide many happy memories throughout the year.
What you will need:
- Icy pole sticks
- Acrylic Paint (We chose red, white and pink)
- Small paint brush
- Gift tage with string
- Black felt tip pen
1. Paint the ends of your icy pole sticks with the three different colours of paint and leave to dry. This will represent the three themes of dates/gifts, we also dabbed dots over the paint to create some visual interest.
2. Paint the three colours/patterns on your gift tag and then write what each theme means. We have chosen “experience”, “outside the home” and “in the home”.
3. Once your icy pole sticks have dried, write a date or gift on the related themes. You can choose whatever you would like your themes to be. I have chosen things that can be done at home, e.g. I cook or movie night; things that we can do outside the home but that do not cost too much, e.g. mini golf or wine tasting; and experiences for a special treat, e.g. Gold Class tickets or a weekend away.
4. Place all of the sticks into the jar and wrap the gift tag around the top of the jar. Have fun giving this gift to your loved one and enjoy using it all year around.